LIC Policy Status
Most of you must be holding LIC policies to get cover/insured against unforeseen emergencies. Now you can check your LIC Policy Status just with couple of clicks. Tracking LIC policy status will monitor the returns it provides you. A lapsed policy may lead to loss or delay. No need to visit the LIC office to know the status of your policy. You also get the benefit of sending your queries by registering online. The official portal www.licindia.in offers the facility of checking LIC premium status online. People often forget to check their life insurance policy status. Updating yourself on your policy helps you to know about the interim bonus and other details. In this article, we will show you different ways to check the status of your LIC policy.
Life Insurance Corporation is the public sector life insurance company. Policy holders can check their LIC policy status by using the policy number. LIC premium status can be checked offline as well online. LIC policy holders can avail online facilities only after registering at the portal. The complete online procedure of registration is elaborated below. After registration, check every detail regarding your policy and premium status. The official LIC portal licindia.in is designed to give access to policy holders to their policy related information online.
How to Check Online LIC Policy Status
First of all, you need to register yourself at the site online. Users already registered can login using the ‘registered user tab’. Follow the simple steps at the official site of LIC. The direct live link is shared here:
Registration Procedure for New Users
- Here is the link for LIC policy status: licindia.in
- Click on LIC e-services tab.
- Click on ‘New User’ if you are not registered online.
- Fill up details in all the boxes. This includes your policy number, premium amount, mobile number and email id.
- Check the box for confirmation of your mobile number.
- Click on ‘proceed’ button after filling up all details.
- The next page at this stage will allow you to create your own unique user id and password.
Check Policy Status after Registration
- After successful registration, be back on the page from where you started.
- Use the tab ‘Registered User’ to login.
- Login entering your user id and password.
- Click on ‘Go’ button to reach the next page.
- Click the option ‘Policy Tools’ at the right hand side menu of this page.
- Follow the option of ‘View enrolled policies’.
- List of all your enrolled life insurance policies will appear there.
- Click on the policy number of which you want to view the status.
- To know vested bonus information of your LIC policy, click the column of vested bonus.
Select the option ‘Pay Premium Online’ for e-payment of premium. After registration, user can get online information on loans, revival, due premiums, policy calendars etc.
Other important documents status to know
How to Know LIC Policy Status By Phone / SMS
If you want to check LIC policy status without internet, note down the below number. Or send SMS as shown under:
- Dial 1251 anytime to know LIC policy status. (The facility is available only in selected cities).
- Send an SMS to 56767877 as: ASKLIC <your policy number> DESIRED CODE
The desired code indicates what information you are seeking regarding your LIC policy. We have given here the codes for different information.
|Information||Desired code to be mentioned in SMS
|To know premium amount||PREMIUM|
|To know the revival amount of lapsed policy||REVIVAL|
|To know the vested bonus||BONUS|
|For knowing nomination details of your policy||NOM|
A large number of people are holding single or multiple LIC policies. A more comprehensive list of customer care centers are available on icustomercare portal. LIC policy status is important to know for policy holders. It keeps you updated of all details on your policy and premiums. Life is simplified for lakhs of policyholders due to online facilities. Customers don’t need to visit LIC policy to pay premiums. Though, largely overlooked, LIC status is a significant way to monitor your policies. This information is worth sharing with your friends, colleagues and relatives. Also find other useful status checks at istatus.co.in.